Deliverable 3. The final project. Diagnostic tests for Sars-CoV-2 and COVID disease
In light of the recent emergence of the Sars-CoV-2 worldwide, accurate and novel detection methods for the diagnosis of the disease are mandatory.
The objective of this subject is that at the end of the lectures you will be able to describe four different approaches for the diagnosis of the virus in different settings in the developed or in the developing world. This four approaches will be described in a written project which will be used for your assessment:
Approach 1. An approach for separating and preconcentrating SARS-CoV-2 virus from complex samples for further isolation of the virus.
Approach 2. An RDT for the detection of the infection in low resource settings to screen out patients with requires strict surveillance and quarantine.
Approach 3. A test for quantifying the immunological response of the patients.
Approach 4. A confirmatory diagnosis of COVID in an outbreak setting and assessment of patient viral load as a predictor of outcome.
Milestone 3. The final project
Describe the problem in an introduction (DELIVERABLE 1) as well as the current diagnostic of COVID (DELIVERABLE 2). Furthermore, describe, step by step, the development of each test procedure (approaches 1, 2, 3 and 4) and the protocol, for the detection of the biomarker related with SARS-CoV-2 Virus, taking into account:
- The production of the bioreagent (for instance, antibodies from the immunization to the purification) or, instead, the availability of commercial reagents.
- The format used for this specific biomarker as well as the platform.
- The solid support and the immobilization strategy for the bioreagent.
- The labelling of the bioreagent, if needed.
- The signal obtained for the quantification of the biomarker.
Deadline Milestone 3
January 15 @ 23:59
Important! Upload the deliverable here
- The file name must be Firstname_Lastname_NIA_D3.pdf.
- The assessment document should has the Title of the activity, complete name and NIA (Student ID number).
Pluggin for uploading files only open for logged users. Login here